"That is the plan." -One of Arsonist's "Yes" voice lines.
The Arsonist is a playable character in TC2 and is numbered third in the class menu. Their weapons are designed for close-range combat such as their Flamethrower or Shotgun. The Arsonist runs at 100% speed, has 175 HP and is immune to afterburn.
Based the Pyro from Team Fortress 2, they wear a gas mask covering their entire face. Their design is more similar to that of a firefighter, although they're still a pyromaniac.
The Arsonist's role on the battlefield is to extinguish teammates, reflect incoming projectiles, cancelling shield charges, stop supercharge pushes, checking areas for Agents, and clear out crowds of people.
The Arsonist is an excellent specialist to run on defence due to their ability to reflect incoming explosive spam from Troopers and Annihilators. Their afterburn is especially dangerous if the enemy team doesn't have a competent Doctor or a well-placed dispenser, and their airblast can be a great killing tool if the enemy is near an edge. But their biggest downside is their inability to attack enemies at a longer distance, forcing you to take flank routes and stick to small corridors, where they can deal the most damage.
|Flamethrower||Lantern Lighter||Backburner||Degreaser||Phlogistinator||Dragon's Fury|
|Shotgun||Family Business||Ammo Hog||Flare Gun|
|Fire Extinguisher||Powerjack||Homewrecker||Axtinguisher||Improvised Innovator||Golden Frying Pan|
|The Firefighter||Tough Metal||Soldier of Athens||Poolshark||Arsonists' Beanie||Ostracized Elephant|
|Beast's Bonnet||Bat Blockers||Map Maker's Cap||Ghast Mask|
- Not much is known about the Arsonist on a personal level.
- The Arsonist uses the classic Brute's face, despite never being seen.
- The Arsonist's flamethrower used to be a Flame Pistol during Prehaul, a Bullet Flamethrower during Rehaul, until finally a normal Flamethrower in 2018.
- The Arsonist had the same voice in the Pre-Rehaul as he does now.
- The Arsonist’s voice is much more similar to Bonzi Buddy.
- Only engage in combat if the enemy is close enough to you.
- Only chase the enemy if you know they are not near their teammates, they might be fleeing to their team where you would most likely stand no chance.
- Although W+M1 is a generally good tactic, it's much more effective to use your airblast in a fight against classes with projectile weaponry, as airblasting their projectiles deal mini-crits. You should also use your shotgun to pump out quick DPS if you're low on health.
- Use Airblast to push opponents into environmental hazards (saws and pits for example.)
- If you ever encounter an enemy Mechanic with a Level 3 Sentry, use Airblast to reflect the sentry rockets back at the Sentry.
|Flanker • Trooper • Arsonist • Annihilator • Brute • Mechanic • Doctor • Marksman • Agent|