"I really couldn't have done it without you I really appreciate you a lot, just wanted to let you know that" ― A rare Mechanic line
The Mechanic is based on the Engineer from Team Fortress 2. He takes the appearance of a construction engineer. The Mechanic is smart and straight to the point kind of person, to him, everything must go according to plan. The Mechanic is a defense/support specialist, his sentry can be used as an area-denial tool, and his dispenser and teleporter can be used to support his team. The Mechanic is a very difficult class to play, because of how much multitasking a player has to do playing as him, dispenser placement, keeping up a consistently protected teleporter to the frontline, all the while the entire enemy team wants you and your sentry gun destroyed. Although most Mechanic players stick to the "turtle" playstyle, hiding behind their sentry, refusing to place their dispenser where they're needed most, placing teleporters that lead to a measly 10 steps ahead. Your sentry should always be placed BEHIND the frontline limit, punishing overextending and flanking players, and always moving gear forward and back depending on the situation. His dispenser should be placed near choke points, areas where players would retreat back to when they're wounded. The Mechanic's teleporters are undoubtedly the most important building in his pocket, they can quickly teleport respawning power classes back to the front line instantly, and can drastically change the tide of the game.
- VR Helm
- Welding Mask
- Safety First
- Mining Light
- Cowboy Hat
- Haunted Headgear
- Bat Blockers
- Map Maker's Cap
- Ghast Mask
- Don't go down with the ship, if your buildings are being overwhelmed by enemies, just flee and set up another nest ahead, your life will always be more important than a few more desperate kills.
- When one of your buildings are being sapped, make sure to always kill or chase away the Agent before you fix your building back up, if you don't, you will be prone to her backstab.
- Your sentry should ALWAYS be watching over an objective, flanking route, or choke point.
- Your sentry is not meant to be an offensive tool. remember why he is in the Defense category.
- Do not be greedy. Your dispenser is for your team, not a source of metal and ammunition for you and you only.
- Place your dispenser near where your team is fighting, If they do not have a Doctor on their team, the healing your dispenser dishes out could be just enough to give them the upper hand.
- Unless your objective is in drastic need of protection, always set down a Dispenser first, so you have metal for the Sentry Gun and Teleporters that you will need to set down as well.
- You should consistently have a teleporter set up for your team.
- Use M-2 (right mouse button) to rotate where your teammates will be facing when they exit your teleporter, and always have their back faced at the wall, not their face, else you risk an Agent killing off your entire team (telefragging) with ease.
- Mini-Sentries are the buildings you should put the least care into, they have 100 health and they force you to fight with your shotgun and your choice of pistol.
- Mini-Sentries are nothing to cry about when they get destroyed, just build them up again, they're meant to be more of an inconvenience for the enemy than being an actual defense tool.
- The Mechanic's design today is his third design, the original design had him with rubber gloves, the second design is similar to his third design, albeit the first-person model wasn't as thoroughly done.
- Prehaul, The Mechanic only had a sentry gun and unique stock weapons.
- His unique Primary was a Mechanical Shotgun, with a similar appearance and function to the Ammo Hog. although they did not share any stats other than the 4-round magazine capacity.
- His unique Secondary was a Reverse Engineered Pistol, which maintained an appearance similar to the Pistol from Team Fortress 2, however, it functioned similarly to the Marksman's TEC-9 from the Rehaul phase, where the pistol was fully automatic and had a 30 round magazine capacity.
- His sentries used to look similar to the TF2 sentries in TC1.
- He's the shortest Class around mercenaries.
|Flanker • Trooper • Arsonist • Annihilator • Brute • Mechanic • Doctor • Marksman • Agent|